Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm so stuffed...

Pinto bean soup with kale, salad with steamed veggies, mahi-mahi

...on just 350 calories. Seriously. I think I am about to explode.
I've been reading Volumetrics and Eat to Live again -- these books make me jazzed up about eating healthy. They both recommend soups and salads because both are so filling on such few calories, and dense in good nutrients.

Hence, lunch today (after a 16-mile bike ride):

Three-Course Lunch for 350 calories - soup, salad, protein

Salad with added steamed veggies (4 oz broccoli, 4 oz green beans, 5 oz eggplant); Trader Joe's marinated mahi-mahi (about 3.5 oz piece), homemade pinto bean soup with kale. 350 calories.
9g fat, 44g carbs, 29g protein, 14g fiber. Wow! Salad dressing is my fave low-fat lettuce lubricant, Galeo's.

I'm so full I could explode. I won't be hungry again until dinner for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment