Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Love Egg-White Omelets!

Egg-White Omelet & Fruit for Breakfast

Egg whites, fresh salsa, a small apple, a large peach. Coffee with half-and-half. 300 calories.
I love egg-white omelets. They are super fast to make, especially if you use egg whites straight from a carton. This one is simply filled with fresh salsa. An small Fuji apple, a fresh ripe peach, and voila, you have a high-fiber, low-fat, high-protein breakfast for about 300 calories. It will keep you going all morning. 

The bonus? NO sugar, NO refined flour -- that's good for you.

I pour a dash of Asian ponzu or soy sauce in the egg whites for salt/flavor. Doesn't add to the calories. I use a little extra-virgin olive oil (about 1/2 tsp.) in my nonstick pan.

Total calories: about 300 (including the coffee)
Fat: 6.6g
Protein: 16g
Carbs: 52g
Fiber: 7g  WOW! More than those farty beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment